Applicants should send the required documents listed below to our office via any trackable mailing service. When your visa has been approved, we mail the passport with your issued visa back to you immediately.
For the differences between “M” and “F” business visas, please click here
1. Original passport: (Your original passport must be valid for at least 8 months with at least two blank visa pages remaining) If your passport has been issued within the last 6 months, we need your previous original expired passport.
For minors aged 17 and under, their application will be submitted as a travel companion for tourist visa. You may submit a business invitation with the minors’ name on it and the Chinese Consulate will issue a tourist visa. We will need a copy of the first page of the passport from both parents to apply for a visa for a minor. For more information on minors, please see minor requirement
Please also provide a copy of the first page of your nationality’s passport (the page with your picture and passport information).
Applicants who were born in China, Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan and have previously obtained a Chinese Visa with their current nationality passport, please provide a copy of your previous visa and the first page of your previous passport if the expired visa is not in your current passport.
Applicants who are former Chinese Citizens or were born in Hong Kong, Taiwan or Macau, and this is your first time applying with your nationality’s passport, please click here for additional requirements.
2. You must send a clear copy of the Front and Back of U.S. Green Card (1). Don’t send us the original Green Card unless your Green Card is in the process of being renewed and the renewal sticker is stuck to the back of the Green Card. If this is the case, then please send us your original Green Card and use tape to secure it to the front of the passport. U.S. Green Card holders from certain countries can request one year multiple entries visas, but it is at the discretion of the consulate. If a one year multiple entries visa is not granted, the consulate will grant a double entries visa and we will refund the difference in cost.
Non-US Citizens with permanent residence cards or long-term US visas with a validity longer than 3 months (Long term US visas are all valid visa excluding B1/B2 US visa and does not include applicant in the process of waiting for I-485 approval) may apply for a Chinese Visa in the U.S.
Citizens from countries that participate in the U.S. visa waiver program (VWP) and enter into the U.S. based on the program must have a permanent US address or have a long-term tenant lease (6 months+) in the U.S. to apply for a Chinese visa in the U.S. (Only Canadians can apply without a permanent US address)
The consulate reserves the right at anytime to request those who enter into the U.S. based on VWP to apply for a Chinese visa from the Chinese Consulate in their country of citizenship.
For Non-US Citizens without a Green Card, please send us a copy of your US Visa, even if this is inside your passport, or a copy of any other documents, such as an I-20 form, supporting your legal status in the U.S. Non-US Citizens without a Green Card can request single or double entries visas.
3. Visa Application Form: Download the fillable 2019 Edition Form (total 4 pages) The application must be fully completed on a computer, and printed on single-sided letter size white paper only. If you cannot view the page, please download adobe acrobat reader. For ensure all your information is correct and if there is any information that does not apply to you or you do not know, please write N/A. For instruction and tips on completing the application, Chinese Visa Application Instruction V.2019. If you experience any problems downloading the form, please contact us to email a form to you.
We offer a form filling service starting at $7 per application.
Hand written forms will not be accepted.
4. Additional Form Requirement: Additional Form (total 1 pages). The Chinese Consulate recently required an additional form to be completed for business visa applications. This form can be hand-written or typed.
5. Business Visa Requirement: Please provide a copy of a business invitation issued by your Chinese host company or trade show organizer. Please make sure the invitation letter has a company stamp or crop and the inviter’s signature. Please click here for a business visa invitation letter sample.
– M business visas are issued for commercial invitation letters or trade shows. Visa duration will vary depending on nationality and your invitation letter. Certain nationalities with U.S. Green Cards can request one year multiple entries. A request is not a guarantee for approval. For more information on whether your nationality qualifies, please see visa cost link below or contact us at 713-774-5606.
Please click here for a M-Business-Invitation-Letter*.
– F business visas are issued for university or academic institution invitation letters. Visa duration will vary depending on nationality and your invitation letter. Certain nationalities with U.S. Green Cards can request one year multiple entries.
Please click here for a F-Business-Invitation-Letter
* Invitation letter is for reference only
For more information on their differences, please see F and M business visas differences.
6.Two recent passport type (2”x2”) color photograph taken with a white background in the past 6 months. The photograph must be attached to the visa application form. You can take the picture at places that take U.S. passport photos such as Walgreens, CVS or Walmart. Please click to see Chinese Visa Picture Requirement for more information.
7. Applicants who have been to China within the past 2 years must provide a copy of their most recent Chinese Visa issued as well as a copy of the last entry and exit passport stamps in the passport.
8. Proof of Residency: Please provide a copy of front and back your driver license or a copy of another state issued ID, student ID or employee ID. IDs must have the applicant’s name and residing address, or employer or school address. If you do not hold any of these, please send us a copy of your business card or a copy of a utility bill/bank statement/ or any other mail such as advertising mail showing your name and home address. Applicants 17 or under without a driver license can submit their student ID or parent’s driver license.
9. Return Mail to return passport and visa: Chinese Visa Office provides return mail via FedEx starting at $30 dollars -Please complete our Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form v. 2019, or you can provide a pre-paid mail label or self-stamped envelope.
10. Fees and Payment methods: We accept personal checks, business checks, cashier’s checks, money orders, and credit card, please click Credit Card Order Form for credit card, payments for saver, regular and express service.
Visit our payment page for more information.
The Chinese consulate has different costs for different nationalities, please click on the link for cost information.
Citizens of Afghanistan, CAR, DRC, France, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Pakistan, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, S. Sudan, Syria, and Yemen must apply for a visa in person regardless if you hold U.S. permanent residence. This is due to the bilateral agreements signed or reached between China and the respective countries. Please click on the “Non-US citizens required to apply in person” page below for more information.
(1) The Chinese consulate may request the original green card under certain situations. You will be responsible for the cost to mail the original green card to us.
(2) The Chinese consulate reserves the right to request an interview from non-us citizens after submission of materials even if your country is exempt from the required to apply in person countries list.
If you wish to use our return mail service, please complete our Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form v. 2019
|FedEx Standard Shipping||$30|
|FedEx First Overnight||$65|
|FedEx shipment to HI, AK, PR||$40|
|FedEx Saturday Delivery||$40|
|Additional Return Address (Contiguous US Only)||$30|
|Pick-up /Pre-paid Envelope||$0|
If you have any additional service such as form filling service, please add it into the total cost.
Check/Money Order/Cashier Cash payee is Chinese Visa Office and can be mailed along with the all the required documents to our office. Please complete Credit Card Order Form or call us at 713-774-5606 to provide cc payment. You can mail the credit card order form along with other materials. You can also visit our payment information.
Chinese Visa Office
10402 Harwin Dr. Suite A3
Houston, TX 77036
We highly recommend using FedEx shipping. USPS does not issue receipts for mail drop off. For USPS priority mail, please ask for a confirmation number when you purchase the return mail. For more information on return shipping rates, time, and options, please read our return shipping cost and policy