Damaged/Lost US Passport

The following instructions are for

  • Applicant who had a U.S. passport, but it was lost or stolen
  • Applicant who had a U.S. passport, but it is now damaged or mutilated.
  • You are at least 18 years of age

Please collect the following documents:

1) Complete the DS FORM – U.S. passport application on line, please click U.S. Passport Applying Page

If you have trouble clicking on the link, please go to https://pptform.state.gov/?Submit2=Complete+Online+%26+Print

If you do not have travel plans or your travel plan is not within 14 days of departure, please do not complete the travel section for the on-line form. We will provide a travel itinerary free of charge. Please contact us at 713-774-5606 for more information

After answering all questions online, click CREATE FORM Button and then the DS form will come up, please DO NOT SIGN THE FORM until you are in front an acceptance agent.

  • If you have difficulty accessing the form, we offer a form completion service starting at $7 dollars. The DS form must be typed. Once we completed your form, we will email you a copy for signature.
  • If you have any questions while filling out the form, please contact our office for free assistance.

2) DS-64 FORM: Complete the DS-64 form. Click here to complete the form (Do not sign this until the acceptance agent informs you to do so)

3) TWO PASSPORT PICTURES taken in the last 6 months (you can take them at CVS, Walgreens, etc.)

4) Applicant’s TRAVEL ITINERARY, which states you are DEPARTING the U.S. within 14 DAYS

If you do not have travel plans or your travel plan is not within 14 days of departure, please do not complete the travel section for the on-line form. We will provide a travel itinerary free of charge. U.S. Government will not expedite your passport request without an itinerary departing within 14 days. Please contact us at 713-774-5606 for more information

5) If applicant wishes to CHANGE NAME on the passport, please provide legal documentation for name change such as marriage certification, court name change certification, or naturalization paper.

6) PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP – Submit ONE of the following:

  • ORIGINAL certified birth certificate-for those born outside of U.S., please submit birth certificate issued by the U.S. consulate & if you also obtain a birth certification in the U.S. please submit that as well.
  • ORIGINAL U.S. naturalization papers.
  • ORIGINAL old passport (for applicants whose last passport was issued before turning 16 ONLY).

7) ORIGINAL Letter of Authorization – Please click here for Letter of Authorization (can be handwritten).

8) A COPY of your driver license issued more than 6 months ago. Learner’s permits and temporary licenses are not accepted. Applicant must be at least 16 years of age, otherwise please see our U.S. passport for minors

9) PAYMENT – A check or money order for the U.S. government for $170 dollars and made payable to U.S. Department of State. Temporary checks or starter checks are not accepted.

  • On the payment, please write the applicant’s full name and birthday

Collect the above items and go to an acceptance agent, agents can be found in post offices, local courts or local government buildings. Please click here for acceptance agency .

Please remember not to sign the 2nd page of the BOTH DS form until the acceptance agent informs the applicant.

Everything above goes inside an envelope that the acceptance agent will seal and then stamp the envelope. Please write on the envelope DO NOT OPEN UNTIL REACHES HOUSTON PASSPORT AGENCY!

Once you are at the acceptance agency, inform the acceptance agency that you are using an expediting service to “Hand Carry” your application to the passport agency for processing. Do not give your application and documents to the acceptance agency to submit.

You will need to pay an execution fee to the passport acceptance agent.

The following goes outside the sealed envelope and inside the mailing envelope.

10) SERVICE FEE PAYMENT – obtaining a new U.S. passport takes 2-3 business days to complete and our service fee is $150 dollars. This does not include the payment you have included for the U.S. government. You can pay with check, money order, or credit card payment (which is subject to a 3% service charges).

11) If you are also applying for a Chinese VISA through us, all the requirements for a visa must be left outside the sealed envelope. For information on Chinese visas, please visit our website www.visa-chinese.com

12) Return mail service- Chinese Visa Office provides return mail via FedEx starting at $30 dollars –Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form V.19-1, or you can provide a pre-paid mail label or self-stamped envelope. Please see our return shipping cost and policy

Items 1-9 go inside the sealed envelope, which is sealed by the passport agent
Items 10-12 go outside the sealed envelope in another envelope and are mailed together with the sealed envelope

If you are at the post office (USPS), use EXPRESS mail to send it to us. If you are not at the post office, you can either use FedEx or UPS.

Once you have mailed everything to us, please give us a call at 714-774-5606 or email us at office@visa-chinese.com to inform us that you have mailed a sealed envelope for a new passport. Please provide the applicant’s name, the carrier company and tracking number.

We provide a free document checking service through email or phone, please give us a call at 713-774-5606 or email us at office@visa-chinese.com  if you have any questions.