New US Passport


The following instructions are for

  • Applicant applying for a U.S. passport for the first time and applicant is at least 16 years old
  • Applicant whose previous passport has expired and was issued more than 15 years ago.
  • Applicant whose previous passport has expired and was issued when applicant was under 16

If you do not fit one of the above descriptions, please see our U.S. Renew or Damaged U.S. Passport  or U.S. Passport for Minors

Please collect the following documents:

1) Complete the DS FORM – U.S. passport application on line, please click New U.S. Passport Page

If you have trouble clicking on the link, please go to

If you do not have travel plans or your travel plan is not within 14 days of departure, please do not complete the travel section for the on-line form. We will provide a travel itinerary free of charge. Please contact us at 713-774-5606 for more information

After answering all the questions online, click CREATE FORM Button, and then the DS form will come up, please DO NOT SIGN THE FORM, until you are in front an acceptance agent.

  • If you have difficulty accessing the form, we offer a form completion service starting at $7 dollars. The DS form must be typed.
  • If you have any questions while filling out the form, please contact our office for free assistance.

2) Two passport PICTURES taken in the last 6 months (you can take them at CVS, Walgreens, etc.)

3) Applicant’s TRAVEL ITINERARY, which states you are DEPARTING the U.S. within 14 DAYS (if you do not have an itinerary that states this, we will provide one for you free of charge).

4) If applicant wishes to CHANGE NAME on the passport, please provide legal documentation for name change such as a marriage certification, court name change certification, or naturalization paper.

5) PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP – Submit ONE of the following:

  • ORIGINAL certified birth certificate.
  • ORIGINAL naturalization papers.
  • ORIGINAL old passport (for applicants whose last passport was issued before turning 16).

6) ORIGINAL Letter of Authorization – please complete the Letter of Authorization (can be handwritten).

7) A COPY of your driver license which was issued more than 6 months ago. Learner permits and temporary licenses are not accepted. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age, otherwise please see our U.S. Passport for Minors

8) PAYMENT – A check or money order for the U.S. government for $170 dollars made payable to the U.S. Department of State. Temporary checks or starter checks are not accepted.

  • On the payment, please write the applicant’s full name and birthday

Collect the above items and go to an acceptance agent, agents can be found in post offices, local courts or local government buildings. Please click this link to find an acceptance agency. U.S. Passport Acceptance Agent

Please remember not to sign the 2nd page of the DS form until the acceptance agent informs the applicant.

Everything above then goes inside an envelope, and the acceptance agent will seal and stamp the envelope. Please write on the envelope DO NOT OPEN UNTIL REACHES THE HOUSTON PASSPORT AGENCY! (do this at the acceptance agency office).

Once you are at the acceptance agency, inform the acceptance agency that you are using an expediting service to “Hand Carry” your application to the passport agency for processing. Do not give your application and documents to the acceptance agency to submit.

You will need to pay an execution fee to the passport acceptance agent.

The following goes outside the sealed envelope and inside the mailing envelope.

9) SERVICE PAYMENT – obtaining a new U.S. passport takes 2-3 business days to complete and our service fee is $150 dollars. This does not include the payment you have included for the U.S. gov’t. You can pay with check, money order, or credit card payment (which is subject to a 3% service charge).

10) If you are also applying for a Chinese VISA through us, all the requirements for the visa must be left outside the sealed envelope. For information on Chinese Visas, please visit our website

11) RETURN ENVELOPE / or additional $30 dollars for return mail, please see our return shipping cost and policy for more information. If you wish to use our return mailing service, please complete our Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form.

Items 1-8 go inside the sealed envelope, which is sealed by the passport agent
Items 9-11 go outside the sealed envelope in another envelope and are mailed together with the sealed envelope

If you are at the postal office (USPS), use EXPRESS mail to send it to us. If you are not at the post office, you can use either use FedEx or UPS.

Once you have mailed everything to us, please give us a call at 714-774-5606 or email us at to inform us that you have mailed a sealed envelope for a new passport. Please provide the applicant’s name, the carrier company and tracking #.

We provide a free document checking service through email or phone, please give us a call or email us if you have any questions.