Please collect the required documents listed below and send them to our office via any trackable mailing service. You must send your original passport so that the visa can be issued once it has been approved. We will mail your passport with the issued visa back to you.
Non-US Citizens must be a permanent resident (green card) OR have U.S. L1 (L2 for dependents) and U.S. H1B (H4 for dependents) visa with a validity of 12 months or longer to apply in the U.S. for a work or Z dependent S1 visa, otherwise, the Chinese government requires you to apply from the Chinese Consulate in the country of your nationality.
*In some cases, the Chinese Consulate might request Non-US citizens with a green card or valid U.S. visa to apply from the Chinese Consulate in the country of their nationality for a work visa.
For dependent (S1 or S2) visa, please visit S1 and S2 Visa Page
1. Original passport: (Your original passport must be valid for at least 12 months with at least two blank visa pages remaining) If your passport has been issued within the last 12 months, we need your previous original expired passport. For children aged 17 and under, we require a copy of their birth certificate and a copy of both parents’ passports or US driver licenses.
Please also provide a copy of the first page of your nationality’s passport (the page with your picture and passport information).
Applicants who were born in China, Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan and have previously obtained a Chinese Visa with their current nationality passport, please provide a copy of your previous visa and the first page of your previous passport if the expired visa is not in your current passport.
Applicants who are former Chinese Citizens or were born in Hong Kong, Taiwan or Macau, and this is this is your first time applying with third country passport, please click here for additional requirements.
2. You must send a copy of the U.S. Green Card or long term U.S. visa. Don’t send us the original Green Card unless your Green Card is in the process of being renewed and the renewal sticker is stuck to the back of the Green Card. If this is the case, then please send us your original Green Card and use tape to secure it to the front of the passport. In some cases, Chinese Consulate might require the original Green Card. If so, the applicant will be responsible for the shipping cost to send the original Green Card to us.
Non-US Citizens must be a permanent resident (green card) or have a U.S. L1 or H1B visa with a validity of 6 months or longer to apply in the U.S. for a work visa, otherwise, the Chinese government requires you to apply from the Chinese Consulate in the country of your nationality.
3. Visa Application Form: Download the fillable 2019 Edition Form (total 4 pages) The application must be fully completed on a computer, and printed on single-sided letter size white paper only. If you cannot view the page, please download adobe acrobat reader. For ensure all your information is correct and if there is any information that does not apply to you or you do not know, please write N/A. For instruction and tips on completing the application, Chinese Visa Application Instruction V.2019. If you experience any problems downloading the form, please contact us to email a form to you.
We offer a form filling service starting at $7 per application.
4. Additional Form Requirement: Additional Form (total 1 pages). The Chinese Consulate recently required an additional form to be completed for work visa applications. This form can be hand-written or typed.
5. Two recent passport type (2”x2”) color photograph taken with a white background and within the last 6 months. The photograph must be attached to the application. You can take the picture at places that take U.S. passport photos such as Walgreens, CVS or Walmart. Please see click to see Chinese Visa Picture Requirement for more information.
Hand written forms will not be accepted.
6.Work Visa Requirements: Please provide: A COPY of the visa notification/work permit (one page) issued by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security. In some case, if the consulate cannot e-verify your document, they will ask for the original copy. You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the original visa notification/work permit to us. Pleases see visa notification/work permit sample.
When Z visa notifications and permits are issued, they must be posted to the Chinese Consulate electronically by the issuing government agency. Depending where you are residing, they must be posted to different consulates. Please click to see where work permit should be electronically posted. Please ensure the respective government sends the notifications to the correct Consulate.
7. Applicants who have been to China within the past 2 years must provide a copy of their most recent Chinese Visa issued as well as a copy of the last entry and exit passport stamps in the passport.
8. Proof of Residency: Please provide a copy of your driver license or a copy of another state issued ID, or employee ID. If you do not hold any of these, please send us a copy of a utility bill/bank statement/ or any other mail showing your name and home address.
9. Return Mail to return passport and visa: Chinese Visa Office provides return mail via FedEx starting at $30 dollars -Please complete our Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form V.19-1, or you can provide a pre-paid mail label or self-stamped envelope.
10. Fees- The price of the visa is different depending on which country you are a citizen of. The Chinese consulate has different costs for different nationalities, please click on the link for cost information. We accept check/money order/cashier cash and payee is Chinese Visa Office or you can pay by credit card and complete a Credit Card Order Form All payment can be mailed along with the all the required documents to our office. Please visit our payment page or call us at 713-774-5606 for more information.
Citizens of Afghanistan, CAR, DRC, France, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Pakistan, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, S. Sudan, Syria, and Yemen must apply for a visa in person regardless if you hold U.S. permanent residence. This is due to the bilateral agreements signed or reached between China and the respective countries. Please click on the “Non-US citizens required to apply in person” page below for more information.
(1) The Chinese consulate may request the original green card under certain situations. You will be responsible for the cost to mail the original green card to us.
(2) The Chinese consulate reserves the right to request an interview from non-us citizens after submission of materials even if your country is exempt from the required to apply in person countries list.
(3) The Chinese Consulate do not offer rush service for Z visa and Z Dependent Visa
(4) Visit our payment page for more information.
If you wish to use our return mail service, please complete our Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form V.19-1
|FedEx Standard Shipping||$30|
|FedEx First Overnight||$65|
|FedEx shipment to HI, AK, PR||$40|
|FedEx Saturday Delivery||$40|
|Additional Return Address||$30|
|Pick-up /Pre-paid Envelope||$0|
If you have any additional services such as form filling service, please add it into the total cost.
Check/Money Order/Cashier Cash payee is Chinese Visa Office and can be mailed along with the all the required documents to our office. Please complete Credit Card Order Form or call us at 713-774-5606 to provide cc payment. You can mail the credit card order form along with other materials. You can also visit our payment information.
Chinese Visa Office
10402 Harwin Dr. Suite A3
Houston, TX 77036